Sakai is the Learning Management System (LMS) for all of the Claremont Colleges. Every semester a course site is generated for every course identified in the College student information system.
Logging in to Sakai
- Go to: http://sakai.pomona.edu
- Click on the login link in the upper right hand corner.
- Log in with your usual Pomona username followed by @pom
(for example: user4747@pom)
- Use your regular Pomona password.
- Once you’re logged in, you will see a horizontal menu bar with your course sites.
- Make sure you’re using a compatible browser:
Firefox, Netscape 7.1 and above, Internet Explorer 6.0 and above
- You can reset the tool you’re working in.
The small blue double arrow button that appears to the left of the name of the tool you’re currently using is the Reset Button. It will return you to the starting point of any tool, as if you had entered the tool in a new session.
- Do not use your browser’s Back button in Sakai.
If you change your mind about a task, use the Reset button in Sakai instead of your browser’s Back button.
- You can change the number of sites that you see in your site tab bar.
Go to your My Workspace and click the Preferences tool. Click the “Customize Tabs” link at the top of the page. Then enter a number in the box labeled “The number of tabs visible in addition to ‘My Workspace’:”. The default is set to seven. Just be aware that setting the number too high will result in wrapping.
- Copying Content from Previous Semester’s Sites
To copy materials from a previous semester’s site to a new site, go to Site Info in the new course site. Next select Import from Site, then chose the appropriate previous course site from the list of your sites, then indicate the area(s) you want to copy, Resources usually, and finally click Finish.
This guide provides a general overview of using a Sakai course site.
A basic overview for faculty who wish to change their course site.
For complete Sakai documentation:
A variety of short Sakai Quickstart Guides are available as PDF downloads:
If you have any questions:
Please email the Instructional Technology Group: firstname.lastname@example.org.